Words to live by

He has showed you, O man, what is good.

And what does the LORD require of you?

To act justly and to love mercy

and to walk humbly with your God.

Micah 6:8

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television in China

In an attempt to offset the weight of my last post, and with apologies to the late George Carlin (may he have changed his mind at the last minute), here's my list of "Seven words you can never say in China":

7) Church
6) Missionary
5) Christian
4) Bible
3) Censorship
2) God
and...
1) Jesus (well, OK, you can say it but...)

These are words I've heard "code" for (or have observed were noticeably absent from people's conversations) since we've been here...AJ & I went to a small group on Friday for the first time since coming here...we studied the "Book" and prayed for someone's daughter who is on an "M" trip.

Reminded me of something I read on the US Embassy website before coming here....You can never assume privacy in China.

Pretty weird stuff for a girl from Rome, NY!

No comments:

Post a Comment