Words to live by

He has showed you, O man, what is good.

And what does the LORD require of you?

To act justly and to love mercy

and to walk humbly with your God.

Micah 6:8

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Angelina!

Yes, I know, it was actually yesterday....yes, it's the same day both here & at home right now. But today is the big day, Angelina's first birthday party, and also--the day I most regret being thousands of miles away...so far.

Understand, we didn't live near Angelina at home either...but we went to see her for her baptism, and stopped in for dinner on our way back from an interview once, and she came to see us at Christmas last year...all impossible from the other side of the world.

I'm thankful for my daughter-in-law, who sends me pictures and updates...the last one was so darn cute I'm putting it here for a while, just so everyone can enjoy my grandbaby with me.

I'm thankful for my son, whose deliberate decision to be a great dad is paying off in obvious and tangible ways...like seeing his tiny daughter waiting at the top of the driveway when he comes home. Like sharing a laugh with Grammy when I call, and Angelina is talking away, and she completely stops when he puts the phone to her ear. How confusing it must be in her one-year-old world...."I hear Grammy but she's not here...darn phone must be broken again!"

I'm thankful for the love they lavish on her, and for the financial security she will enjoy...Lord willing...that Frank never had as a little one. And I'm thankful that out of his life experiences, instead of becoming a bitter, grasping man, he learned to work hard, love his family with open arms, and enjoy life together.

We are blessed with their family, even from the other side of the world... nevertheless, it's my most difficult day so far.
I'm with you in spirit, Angelina!

Love,
Grammy
xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Mel, I just gotta say that is precious. May the Lord comfort you and provide all you need through the ups and downs of walking in obedients to Him. :- )

    ReplyDelete